Sales Engineer | Energy Storage SystemsDo you bring a positive charge of energy to the future of sustainable energy storage? Do you have a technical background with a focus on sustainability, but are you also commercially aware? Then be sure to read on!
Watt's in it for me?
- A work environment that literally gives you energy, with driven colleagues with whom you can really make a difference
- Autonomy to organize and execute your work as you see fit, with professional support where needed
- A pioneering role focused on the (technical) advice and guidance of our entrepreneurial customers and partners
- A laptop, smartphone, and all other tools you need in order to perform your job, such as an (electric) vehicle
- Various (ongoing) training and career (development) opportunities
- A total of 38 vacation days per year on a full-time basis
- PMT pension scheme, as we are affiliated with the Collective Labor Agreement (cao) 'Metaal en Techniek’
- Making a tangible positive impact on the world by enabling a circular economy and accelerating the energy transition
Watt's my mission?
As a Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for the growth of Refurb Battery in the energy storage market. This role combines and requires strategic thinking and results-oriented action.
The Sales Engineer:
- Brings Refurb Battery into contact with the right customers
- Calculates set-ups and advises companies on the right set-up
- Provides and explains (technical) elaboration of quotations and offers
- Substantiates the benefits of our battery and EMS
- Collaborates with rental partners and our operations and production team
Watt will I be doing?
- Acquiring and networking with our customers/partners
- Analyze the needs of our customers and prepare detailed proposals containing both technical and commercial information
- Site inspection where our EOS container would be located
- Calculating and designing complex setups for our temporary power systems
- Advise on improvements to our fleet and service offerings to meet customer needs and legislative requirements
- Transfer technical knowledge about (battery) systems to partners
- Ensuring good technical transfer to the production team, through clear elaborations of setups and quotations
A day in the life at Refurb...
Around eight o'clock the first colleagues, let's call them 'Refurbers', trickle into the office on the 1st floor of the new Treeport building in Rijsbergen. The laptops will be opened, and the mail updated. At 9:10 a.m. it is time for the daily (sprint) stand-up meeting. By then, the production department has been working for over an hour. They start every day at 8 a.m. sharp with the disassembly of incoming bicycle batteries and eventually the assembly of our battery modules. After the daily, the actions for the day are clear and we get to work. When it's time for the morning break, the production team comes to the office for a nice cup of coffee, with or without a snack. At noon we have lunch together, often with almost the entire company.
After lunch, a few Refurbers clear their heads with a short walk outside in the nature of De Mosten, behind the office building. Others prefer to stay inside or be active in our modest gym. Then the afternoon: sometimes a visit to our sorting facility in Lelystad or a visit to our assembly partner in Groot- Ammers is necessary. Although Rijsbergen is your place of work, if it's convenient you can also occasionally work from our Schiphol (Airport) office.
Our office is often busy: visitors come over every day. Suppliers, (potential) partners or customers, potential new colleagues (alias candidate-Refurbers)... and sometimes also stray (mail) deliverers looking for a neighboring company. Tours are enthusiastically given to those who are interested, and we see that enthusiasm reflected by the guests without exception. Our innovative process and Lean approach always impress our visitors.
During the second short break, our jack-of-all-trades colleague Ivar suddenly arrives with a couple of portions of fresh herring for the team. Well, it is Thursday afternoon, so we spontaneously turn it into a 'DoMiBo' (Thursday afternoon drinks). You won't hear much or more office jargon at Refurb, by the way, because that doesn't fit our culture. Then watt does?
Watt If – What if things don't go the way you want, machines don't do what you tell them to, or processes don't run the way you and your colleagues would like them to? Then we address that. As such, there is a proactive attitude among our Refurbers. At Refurb, we have created a safe culture in which development in the broadest sense is paramount and for that, we seek everyone's input. Only then can we get down to it and improve (ourselves).
And You – And you as a (future) Refurber? To us, you are the most important part of what makes Refurb Battery a success. We would like to know what drives you, what your ambition is, and why you come to us every morning. Do you see opportunities, do you have new insights? Let us know and we'll work on it together.
Then you are a Refurber.
Our energy matches when...
- You have a technical background such as Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, (Sustainable) Energy, or similar
- You have about 5 years of work experience in a similar position, or if you already have gained some comparable experience within a relevant industry
- You, preferably, have experience within (energy) systems rental
- You have experience with battery technology and/or energy systems (such as BMS), which would be an advantage
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and can apply this (in practice ) within a growing, sustainable company with a lot of potential
- Our locations in Schiphol + Rijsbergen (Breda), with a working area throughout the Netherlands (customer visits), suit you
- You are available for a minimum of 32 hours per week