Quality EngineerDo you enjoy managing the quality of our products and (production) processes in a structured, safe, and efficient manner? Are you a true pioneer and do you want to make the world a lot more beautiful together with us? Then feel free to read on!
Watt's in it for me?
- A work environment that literally gives you energy, with driven colleagues with whom you can really make a difference
- Autonomy to organize and execute your work as you see fit, with professional support where needed
- A pioneering role that can be redefined or recrafted within Quality Assurance and Quality Control in order to guarantee our process and product quality
- A laptop, smartphone, and all other tools you need in order to perform your job
- Various (ongoing) training and career (development) opportunities
- A total of 38 vacation days per year on a full-time basis
- PMT pension scheme, as we are affiliated with the Collective Labor Agreement (cao) 'Metaal en Techniek’
- Making a tangible positive impact on the world by enabling a circular economy and accelerating the energy transition
Watt's my mission?
As a Quality Engineer you are responsible for our QA and QC (policy). As for Quality Assurance, you play a crucial role in managing and improving our quality and production processes. Regarding Quality Control, you focus on measuring the product characteristics to guarantee quality. Together, QA and QC ensure our process and product quality.
You’ll become our quality expert and be the first point of contact for any quality matters regarding production.
The Quality Engineer can and will communicate at different levels and cultures within the organization.
Watt will I be doing?
- Establishing a general quality policy and monitoring the QA and QC
- Coordinating process and product audits on quality (requirements)
- Analyzing errors in processes and incoming/outgoing goods
- Preparing and implementing improvement projects
- Processing information in the quality management system and preparing quality management reports
- Statistical quality control of measurement systems and capabilities
- Assessing the quality of materials, components, sub-, & end-products
- Train and support the team to create a culture of quality awareness
- Acceptance sampling as a technique; applicable for acceptance or rejection
A day in the life at Refurb...
Around eight o'clock the first colleagues, let's call them 'Refurbers', trickle into the office on the 1st floor of the new Treeport building in Rijsbergen. The laptops will be opened, and the mail updated. At 9:10 a.m. it is time for the daily (sprint) stand-up meeting. By then, the production department has been working for over an hour. They start every day at 8 a.m. sharp with the disassembly of incoming bicycle batteries and eventually the assembly of our battery modules. After the daily, the actions for the day are clear and we get to work. When it's time for the morning break, the production team comes to the office for a nice cup of coffee, with or without a snack. At noon we have lunch together, often with almost the entire company.
After lunch, a few colleagues clear their heads with a short walk outside in the nature of De Mosten, behind the office building. Others prefer to stay inside or be active in our modest gym. Then the afternoon: sometimes a visit to our sorting facility in Lelystad or a visit to our assembly partner in Groot- Ammers is necessary. Although Rijsbergen is your place of work, if it's convenient you can also occasionally work from our Schiphol (Airport) office.
Our office is often busy: visitors come over every day. Suppliers, (potential) partners or customers, potential new colleagues (alias candidate-Refurbers)... and sometimes also stray (mail) deliverers looking for a neighboring company. Tours are enthusiastically given to those who are interested, and we see that enthusiasm reflected by the guests without exception. Our innovative process and Lean approach always impress our visitors.
During the second short break, our jack-of-all-trades colleague Ivar suddenly arrives with a couple of portions of fresh herring for the team. Well, it is Thursday afternoon, so we spontaneously turn it into a 'DoMiBo' (Thursday afternoon drinks). You won't hear more office jargon at Refurb, by the way, because that doesn't fit our culture. Then watt does?
Watt If – What if things don't go the way you want, machines don't do what you tell them to, or processes don't run the way you and your colleagues would like them to? Then we address that. As such, there is a proactive attitude among our Refurbers. At Refurb, we have created a safe culture in which development in the broadest sense is paramount and for that, we seek everyone's input. Only then can we get down to it and improve (ourselves).
And You – And you as a (future) Refurber? To us, you are the most important part of what makes Refurb Battery a success. We would like to know what drives you, what your ambition is, and why you come to us every morning. Do you see opportunities, do you have new insights? Let us know and we'll work on it together.
Then you are a Refurber.
Our energy matches when...
- Lean production processes
- QA and QC (quality policy)
- Quality management systems (such as ISO 9001)