Financial AdministratorAre you an inquisitive, accurate, and driven professional and is your energy generated by working with numbers and financial administration in a sustainable, innovative, and ambitious environment? Then please read on!
Watt's in it for me?
- A work environment that literally gives you energy, with driven colleagues with whom you can really make a difference
- Autonomy to organize and execute your work as you see fit, with professional support where needed
- The opportunity to grow with (scaling up) the company and take on broader/different (administrative) tasks; in addition to financial
- A laptop, smartphone, and all other tools you need in order to perform your job
- Various (ongoing) training and career (development) opportunities
- A total of 38 vacation days per year on a full-time basis
- PMT pension scheme, as we are affiliated with the Collective Labor Agreement ( cao ) 'Metaal en Techniek’
- Making a tangible positive impact on the world by enabling a circular economy and accelerating the energy transition
Watt's my mission?
You play a crucial role in managing Refurb Battery's financial processes. You will be responsible for collecting and processing data to ensure that our (financial) administration runs smoothly.
Watt will I be doing?
- Entering invoices, payments, and bank statements into our accounting system
- Reviewing financial documents for accuracy, completeness, and legal compliance
- Supporting monthly and year-end closings and preparing financial reports
- Monitor and report on open items and accounts receivable management
- Learning from a (more) experienced colleague and collaborating with other colleagues and external partners to verify and reconcile financial data
- As needed, other administrative/back-office tasks, such as preparing contracts and invoices, supporting various departments, or entering data
- (We) work with the ERP system SAP.
A day in the life at Refurb...
Around eight o'clock the first colleagues, let's call them 'Refurbers', trickle into the office on the 1st floor of the new Treeport building in Rijsbergen. The laptops will be opened, and the mail updated. At 9:10 a.m. it is time for the daily (sprint) stand-up meeting. By then, the production department has been working for over an hour. They start every day at 8 a.m. sharp with the disassembly of incoming bicycle batteries and eventually the assembly of our battery modules. After the daily, the actions for the day are clear and we get to work. When it's time for the morning break, the production team comes to the office for a nice cup of coffee, with or without a snack. At noon we have lunch together, often with almost the entire company.
After lunch, a few colleagues clear their heads with a short walk outside in the nature of De Mosten, behind the office building. Others prefer to stay inside or be active in our modest gym. Then the afternoon: sometimes a visit to our sorting facility in Lelystad or a visit to our assembly partner in Groot- Ammers is necessary. Although Rijsbergen is your place of work, if it's convenient you can also occasionally work from our Schiphol (Airport) office.
Our office is often busy: visitors come over every day. Suppliers, (potential) partners or customers, potential new colleagues (alias candidate-Refurbers)... and sometimes also stray (mail) deliverers looking for a neighboring company. Tours are enthusiastically given to those who are interested, and we see that enthusiasm reflected by the guests without exception. Our innovative process and Lean approach always impress our visitors.
During the second short break, our jack-of-all-trades colleague Ivar suddenly arrives with a couple of portions of fresh herring for the team. Well, it is Thursday afternoon, so we spontaneously turn it into a ' DoMiBo ' (Thursday afternoon drinks). You won't hear more office jargon at Refurb, by the way, because that doesn't fit our culture. Then watt does?
Watt If – What if things don't go the way you want, machines don't do what you tell them to, or processes don't run the way you and your colleagues would like them to? Then we address that. As such, there is a proactive attitude among our Refurbers. At Refurb, we have created a safe culture in which development in the broadest sense is paramount and for that, we seek everyone's input. Only then can we get down to it and improve (ourselves).
And You – And you as a (future) Refurber? To us, you are the most important part of what makes Refurb Battery a success. We would like to know what drives you, what your ambition is, and why you come to us every morning. Do you see opportunities, do you have new insights? Let us know and we'll work on it together.
Then you are a Refurber.
Our energy matches when...
- You have a degree in Financial or Business Administration or a related field
- You have some internship or work experience in financial administration, this would be a plus but not a requirement
- You have knowledge of accounting principles and Dutch laws and regulations in the field of financial administration
- You master relevant software and tools, such as MS Excel and accounting programs/systems
- Accuracy and attention to detail are second nature to you
- You have analytical skills to interpret financial data
- A location in Rijsbergen (Breda) suits you
- Your availability is negotiable but with a maximum of 32 hours per week.